Local News

Gorham Firefighters Respond to House Fire Sunday

FireGorham Firefighters responded to a house fire Sunday morning in Gorham.

According to dispatch logs, at 8:57 AM Sunday, a man called 911 from 113 Martin Street in Gorham to report his house was on fire.

Firefighters, Russell County EMS, a Russell County Sheriff's Deputy and Russell County Emergency Manager Keith Haberer responded.

The fire was extinguished.

The fire started in and was contained to the attic according to Gorham Fire Chief Glen Blundon.

The fire was caused by an electrical issue he said.

Blundon estimated about $10,000 to $12,000 in damage including smoke and water damage as well.

There were no injuries.

Read More Local News
K-State on KRSL AM-FM
Russell, KS weather