Fire Engulfs a Natoma Home
- Published on Tuesday, 11 December 2012 16:29
The house, located in the 400 Block of North 2nd Street in Natoma, was reported on fire and engulfed by flames at around 3 o'clock Tuesday afternoon.
The Natoma, Paradise and Waldo Fire Departments along with firefighters from Luray, Lucas, Gorham, Plainville and Russell County Rural Fire District #5 responded to the fire. Osborne EMS also responded as well. According to Russell Dispatch, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire at around 7 PM Tuesday, nearly four hours since its initial report.
No injuries were sustained, but a couple family pets were lost. According to Natoma Fire Chief Keith Koelling, preliminary cause of the fire is said to be a wood burning stove. Damage to the home is extremely severe, with much of its contents destroyed.
The home's occupants have no insurance. Donations to help the couple are now being accepted at United National Bank in Natoma.
Above picture courtesy of Keith Haberer. Below pictures courtesy of Catherine Elliott.Read More Local News