Russell City Council Election Filing Deadline Nearing
- Published on Friday, 28 December 2012 10:22
According to Russell City Clerk Sheldon Hamilton, candidates must file applications with his office. Applications must be accompanied by a $5.00 filing fee or a petition signed by at least 25 qualified electors of the city or 10 percent of the voters of the last election.
In addition, a statement of substantial interest must be filed within 10 days of the filing deadline with the City Clerk. The filing deadline is 12 PM on January 22.
The following City of Russell positions are up for election in 2013:
- Mayor – Carol Dawson, currently serving
- Ward I – Blaine Stoppel, currently serving
- Ward II – Chuck Bean, currently serving
- Ward III - Jim Cross, currently serving
- Ward IV – Norma Jean Cook, currently serving
All of the above positions serve a two-year term.Read More Local News