Options Wins Statewide Award for Service to Survivors
- Published on Thursday, 18 April 2013 16:38
Domestic and Sexual Violence Services, Inc. (Options) announces that Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt presented the agency with the Outstanding Victim Services Organization for 2013 at the 16th Annual Crime Victims Right's Conference on April 3, 2013.
Options has served Northwest Kansas for over thirty years providing victim services to domestic, sexual, dating and stalking victims/survivors. Options works on a daily basis to continue providing client focused services in a non-judgmental manner throughout the eighteen counties of Northwest Kansas.
Achievements made by Options over the years as highlighted by Attorney Schmidt include:
- Collaboration with other agencies in Northwest Kansas and organization of a state-of-the-art Domestic Violence Summit; bringing education, information and awareness to professionals and community members across the state for the last two years.
- Work with various community partners and Fort Hays State University Leadership Teams to establish a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner program at Hays Medical Center in Ellis County. Options also serves on the Ellis Count Sexual Assault Response Team.
- Collaboration with community members to establish the ACT committee for education on SANE program and sexual assault issues throughout Northwest Kansas.
- Establishment of satellite offices in outlying areas, giving victims greater accessibility to services.
- Standing member of Kansas Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence (KCSDV). Options Executive Director also serves on the KCSDV Program Council and has served on various committees, which have enhanced victim services across Kansas.
- Options Board of Directors is comprised of representation from across the eighteen county service area which helps to maintain a board that is active and strong.
- Options has experienced staff and leadership: Charlotte Linsner has been with the agency for over 25 years and Executive Director for 13. The management leadership team has combined experience of 40 years. Current advocates have combined experience of over 20 years.
- Options collaborates with sister Domestic and Sexual Violence agencies across the state to provide the best services to all victims/survivors.
- Options staff has been helpful to the Attorney General's office:
- Charlotte Linsner, Ex. Dir., has provided leadership on the Attorney General's grant application revision committee.
- Collaboration with Attorney General's office and the local Batterer Intervention Services, Strategies for Change, regarding bringing quality batterer intervention services to the region they serve.
Receiving the award were Options Board President, Kenton Olliff and Executive Director, Charlotte Linsner. Ms. Linsner stated "that Options accepted the award in honor of all advocates and domestic/sexual programs across the state. Advocates go to work each day to find safety for victims." She thanked the Attorney General and his office for the honor bestowed on Options and for his work towards victim safety.
Persons in above group picture are: Left to right - Front row: Jennifer Badesire (Options staff), Melanie Fisher (Options staff), Jackie Gray (Options staff), Dorthy Stucky-Haley (Att. General's office), Charlotte Linsner (Options staff) and Debbie Sander (Options Board member). Back row: Dennis Becking (Options Staff), Kenton Olliff (Options Board President), Dave Harry of Russell (Options Board Treasurer), Kathy Wallert of Russell (Options Volunteer) and Nancy Gladin (Options Board Secretary). Not pictured: Susan Penka of Russell.Read More Local News