Over-The-Counter Deer Permits Available July 30
- Published on Thursday, 25 July 2013 12:35
Beginning July 30, all over-the-counter permits will go on sale, and for residents, that's just about every deer permit available. The only deer permit that requires an application for resident hunters is the firearm either-species permit, which allows the harvest of a mule or white-tailed deer during the firearm season. Resident whitetail any season, statewide archery, muzzleloader either-species and antlerless-only permits can be purchased over-the-counter or online. The application period for resident firearm either-species, either-sex permits closed July 12.
In addition to a deer permit, resident hunters age 16 through 74 must have a resident hunting license, unless exempt by Kansas Law.
Deer permits can be purchased online at ksoutdoors.com, or from your local state park office or license vendor. For a list of vendor locations near you, visit ksoutdoors.com and click "License," "Permits," "Locations to Buy License," and "Permits."
2013 Deer Season Dates:
- Youth/Disabled: Sept. 7 - 15, 2013
- Muzzleloader-Only: Sept. 16 - Sept. 29, 2013
- Archery: Sept. 16 - Dec. 31, 2013
- Pre-rut Firearm Whitetail Antlerless: Oct. 12 - Oct. 13, 2013
- Firearm: Dec. 4 - Dec. 15, 2013
- Extended Whitetail Antlerless: Jan. 1 - 12, 2014
- Special Extended Whitetail Antlerless: Jan. 13 - Jan. 19, 2014 (units 7, 8 and 15 ONLY)
- Extended Archery Season: Jan. 20 - Jan. 31, 2014 (unit 19 ONLY)