Sale of Special Water Use Permits Begins Wednesday
- Published on Tuesday, 28 January 2014 13:37
Permits will begin to be issued on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 until further notice.
Permits are available from the city clerk's office for $25. Permits will only be issued for one day and are only valid from 6 AM to 11 PM. No more than two permits may be issued per address in each 30 day period. The permit authorizes the use of water only at the address listed on the permit and only for the following purposes:
- Outdoor watering of private and public grounds and washing of vehicles at that location;
- Outdoor watering for filling or refilling residential above and/or below ground swimming pools;
- Washing of the exterior of any building or structure for maintenance purposes; and
- Washing of the parking lot on commercial or industrial property for maintenance purposes.
The permit must be posted in a conspicuous place while the activity permitted above is on-going.
The aforementioned benchmark for the selling of permits is whether or not Big Creek, one of Russell's water sources, is flowing over the low head dam near the city's pumping station. Currently it is flowing, therefore permits can be sold.Read More Local News