House Fire Caused by Kitchen Accident
- Published on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 10:18
A recent police report says at 2:22 AM Monday, a 911 call was received from a female subject at 1416 North Fossil advising her kitchen was on fire.
Russell City Fire units, Russell County EMS and officers from the Russell Police Department and the Russell County Sheriff's Office responded. Rotary Rescue also responded.
Russell Fire Chief Shane Preston said the fire was extinguished in about five minutes from the time they arrived on scene.
The fire caused extensive damage to the kitchen and ceiling above the kitchen, but did not spread to the rest of the house, according to Preston.
However, smoke and water damage to the entire home is somewhat extensive.
No injuries were reported.Read More Local News