Post Rock Community Foundation Awards Over $45,000 in Fall Grants
During its fall grant cycle, the Post Rock Community Foundation awarded over $45,000 to 11 projects throughout Lincoln County and communities served by USD 298 and USD 299.
The following organizations received funding:
- USD 299, $1,000 to pay the fee for students to participate in Nex-Generation AmeriTowne in Lenora.
- USD 299, $6,000 to purchase two welders for the Industrial Arts Department.
- USD 299, $1,500 to repair band instruments for student use.
- Lincoln Art Center, $1,152 to purchase paint and supplies needed to freshen up the Community Mural.
- Hunter Economic Development Corporation, $3,500 to replace chairs and install LED lighting for the community room.
- NCK Outdoors Inc., $5,000 to develop a plan, coordinate volunteer efforts and place a project vision sign at Quartzite Park.
- USD 299, $259.96 to purchase four sets of leather working tools for classroom use.
- Lincoln County Hospital, $5,322 for installation and training for an emergency call light system.
- Sylvan Senior Center, $16,610 for drainage and creation of a courtyard/patio area.
- USD 298 Lincoln, $1,995 to buy robotics from Lego Education to use for robotics competition.
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, $2,857 to install a digital carillon in the bell tower of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
This round of grants was made possible by five funds at the community foundation: the Post Rock Community Action Fund, the Dane G. Hansen Community Grant Fund and the Sylvan Area Fund, which all focus on improving quality of life throughout their service area, the Kansas Health Foundation Fund for Post Rock and the Post Rock Healthy Living Fund, both of which support the public health of Lincoln County and communities served by USD 298 and 299. Additional funding came from a matching grant initiative from the Patterson Family Foundation.
The foundation's next grant cycle opens March 1 with online applications due May 1, 2024. For more information, visit https://postrockcf.org/grants/.
Since 2010, the Post Rock Community Foundation has been connecting donors with philanthropic causes they love. As an affiliate of the Greater Salina Community Foundation, PRCF is proud to serve the communities of Lincoln County and those served by USD 298 and USD 299. For more information, visit www.postrockcf.org.
(Information courtesy PRCF.)